September 11, 2009

The First Post


Now that's what I'm talkin about!

This is what I said when I first saw an American Le Mans Series (ALMS) race on television. It was the final race at Laguna Seca in the 2007 series. What caught my eye were the GT Cars. Porsches and Ferrari's that were easily identifiable as the cars that they are. I remember what I now know as the Jake liveries on the Corvettes and thinking how sexy those two v8 rumbling engineering marvels looked coming down the corkscrew of Laguna Seca. That race got me started.
In 2008, I attended my first ALMS race in Long Beach and witnessed the glory in person. Hearing these cars in person for the first time brought a HUGE smile to my face. If you haven't gone to a race yet, do it. I remember laughing at how ANGRY the Corvettes and the other cars with American v8's and the viper v10 sounded compared to, the "sexier" sounds coming from the ferrari and porsches. That and the diesel Audi R10's freaked me out with how quiet their diesel engines were.

So here I am, 2009, and it is safe to say I am hooked. I enjoy playing endurance related games, coming up with my own liveries, and fantasizing like a little boy what it would be like. So lets hope that this blog is somethin a lil different than what you are use to and let's enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment